Violin On Stage (CD)
The 31-year-old South Korean violinist Bomsori already enjoys superstar status in her homeland and is in high demand worldwide. Violin on Stage presents a selection of exquisite pieces from opera and ballet. A unique repertoire with three brand new arrangements by Michael Rot.
Bomsori launched her career with a series of prize-winning performances at the world’s most prestigious violin competitions, the ARD, Queen Elisabeth, Sibelius, Tchaikovsky and Wieniawski among them. She received the 2018 Young Artist Award from the Korean Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism, and the Korean Music Association’s 2019 Young Artist Award.
Further highlights: seven-concert artist residency at the 2021 Rheingau Festival and two dates at this summer’s Gstaad Menuhin Festival as one of its 2021 Menuhin’s Heritage Artists.
Recorded at the state-of-the-art National Forum of Music in Wrocław last December with the NFM Wrocław Philharmonic and its Music Director Giancarlo Guerrero, the album also captures the close bond Bomsori feels with Poland, its music and its musicians.
1. Wieniawski: Polonaise de concert, Op. 4 (Orch. Kornowicz)
2. Tchaikovsky: Pas de deux (Arr. Rot for Violin and Orchestra) [The
Nutcracker, Op. 71, TH 14]
3. Waxman: Carmen Fantasie
4. Gluck: Dance of the Blessed Spirits (Arr. Rot for Violin and
Orchestra) [Orfeo ed Euridice, Wq. 30]
5. Massenet: Méditation [Thaïs]
6. Saint-Saëns: Introduction et Rondo capriccioso in A minor op. 28
7. Saint-Saëns: Mon coeur s'ouvre a ta voix (Arr. Rot for Violin and
Orchestra) [Samson et Dalila, Op. 47, R. 288]
8. Wieniawski: Légende, Op. 17
9. Wieniawski: Fantaisie brillante based on themes from Gounod’s
“Faust” op. 20
NFM Wrocław Philharmonic
Giancarlo Guerrero Conductor