Genevieve Lacey / James Crabb
Heard This And Thought Of You (CD)
Heard This and Thought of You presents music written across half a millennium and two hemispheres, performed by James Crabb (classical accordion) and Genevieve Lacey (recorders). The album comes with a handsomely crafted booklet including written reflections on these stunning performances by Australian writers including Michael Leunig and Helen Garner.
The combination of recorder and accordion is an unlikely one - but in the hands of Crabb and Lacey it is truly magical. Lacey is an ARIA Award-winning virtuoso with a series of highly acclaimed albums to her name; Crabb is internationally acknowledged as one of the finest accordionists of his generation.
1. DIEGO ORTIZ (c.1510-c.1570) Recercada Segunda
2. DIEGO ORTIZ Recercada Primera
3. JOHN BANISTER (1630-1679) A Division upon a Ground 4. ANDREA KELLER (b.1973) Where is Everybody?
5-10. MATTHEW LOCKE (c.1521-1577) Suite No. 4 in E minor, from Consort of Two Parts (For Several Friends)
11. DAMIAN BARBELER (b.1972) Shadow Box
12-14. JOHANN SEBASTIAN BACH (1685-1750) Sonata No. 3 in D minor, BWV 527
15. SALLY BEAMISH (b.1956) Lament, from Seavaigers
16. GIOVANNI PALESTRINA (c.1525-1594) Vestiva i colli
17. TRAD SCOTTISH / BORDER Mary Scott, the Flower of Yarrow
18. TRAD SCOTTISH / BORDER Cuckold Come Out of the Amrey