Ennio Morricone, the world-renowned Italian composer, sadly passed away at the age of 91 earlier this year. During an extraordinary career which spanned more than six decades, he created over 600 original compositions.
Behind his hugely celebrated film scores of Once Upon A Time In The West, Once Upon A Time In America, The Untouchables, The Mission, Cinema Paradiso, Hateful Eight and The Good, The Bad And The Ugly is a hidden, eccentric side to his genius that is deeply appreciated amongst his fans, many other artists and connoisseurs
This brand new collection, featuring 7 previously unreleased tracks, explores what is possibly Morricone’s richest creative period, between the end of the 1960s to the early 80s, demonstrating Morricone’s long lasting influence for generations of musicians and film directors to this day
MORRICONE SEGRETO is an acid-tinged sonic journey through mysterious voices, fuzz guitars, airy strings, eerie synths and modern grooves from the Academy-a composer who was always ahead of the trend, dictating style in his own way.
Scores from an array of film genres where the Maestro managed to create his unique and unmistakable style, blending avant-garde with the finest pop-psych attitude.
- Vie-Ni (alt. take) – QUANDO L’AMORE Ė SENSUALITÀ – 1973 *
- Fantasmi Grotteschi (edit) – STARK SYSTEM – 1980 **
- Vita e Malavita – STORIE DI VITA E MALAVITA – 1975
- Tette e Antenne, Tetti e Gonne – LA SMAGLIATURA – 1975
- Patrizia (alt. take – con voci) – INCONTRO – 1971 *
- Per Dalila – IL BANDITO DAGLI OCCHI AZZURRI – 1980
- 18 Pari – UN UOMO DA RISPETTARE – 1972
- Psychedelic Mood – LUI PER LEI – 1971 *
- Fuggire Lontano (edit) – L’AUTOMOBILE – 1971 *
- Jukebox Psychédélique – PEUR SUR LA VILLE – 1971
- Fondati Timori – LA SMAGLIATURA – 1971
- Edda Bocca Chiusa – LUI PER LEI – 1971 *
- Non Può Essere Vero – MIO CARO ASSASSINO – 1972
- Eat It (versione singolo) – EAT IT – 1969